Powered by Blogger.

Hopping Interviews

>> Thursday, April 19, 2012

Today I’m taking part in a blog hop called a progressive interview. You know, like a progressive dinner, only you’re asking people questions instead of showing up at their house ready to chow down.

Each of the hop participants asks a question, and all the rest of the participants get a chance to answer it. Questions can be about anything—serious or goofy. Mine was, “If you had to compete on a reality/game show, which would you choose and why?”

My answer would probably be American Idol. I like singing, and since Simon Cowell is gone, it doesn’t seem quite as daunting as it did before. I don’t kid myself into thinking I would win, but I would sure have a good time trying! Alas, I am too old for American Idol, so I will have to live vicariously through my TV set. There’s some great talent on the show this year. Anybody have any current favorites? I’m really liking Colton, Joshua, and Jessica.

Here’s what some other blog hoppers had to say:

Yvonne Blake I don't like the reality shows, but I think I'd like to try "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader" or some sort of trivia game like "Millionaire Show" or even "Jeopardy." (Of course, I'd probably panic and bomb out on the first question, but it would be fun to try.)

Joanne Sher I LOVE Jeopardy, but I would lose TERRIBLY (hubby and I watch every night). I've NEVER watched any of the reality shows (shocking, eh??). I think I'd do pretty well on Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader, though - and I'd like to meet Jeff Foxworthy.

Valerie Friesen Comer I'd make up my own reality show and call it...hmmmm...Farmer. Everyone would be given some basic tools, seeds, and land. Oh, they'd need some animals, too. We'd see who could actually figure out how to feed themselves!

Christina Rich Got to be the Amazing Race so I can travel.

Donna Winters I'd have loved being on the PBS miniseries reality show called 1900 House. I could have learned a lot about the historic period I often use for my writing.

Diana Lesire Brandmeyer Dancing with the Stars! I would love to learn how to ballroom dance like that.

Patty Sargent Wysong Confession time: I've never seen a reality show. Sorry. Our TV is connected to the dvd player and that's all we get. BUT, if making up a reality show is allowed, I'd head for a mission field somewhere...foreign language, foreign culture, different food, none of the comforts of home... and see how we do. There's bound to be all the elements of a good show there. Oh wait! Is Dancing with the Stars an option? I'm so there. The few times I've seen that I loved it!! LoL

Sharon Clements Srock Game show. I HATE almost all of the reality shows. I haven't really seen one that looked like any reality I'm familiar with.
Linda McQuinn Carlblom I'd go on Wheel of Fortune in a heartbeat. But for a reality show, my husband and I think we'd like to be on The Amazing Race. I know I'd crash and burn in about a week, but what a week it would be! :)

Janet Sketchley Some kind of game show, Kristi, because I'm not a reality show person. Something with words or spelling and no ticking clock. I live in a sitcom, though. Does that count for anything?

How about you? Which game show or reality show would you pick? Leave a comment and let me know. And while you’re at it, click on a few (or all!) of the links below and check out some great blogs.

Happy hopping!

4 comments:

Patty Wysong April 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM  

Such a fun question, Kristi! =] So glad you joined us!!

Great Lakes Romances April 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM  

This question was a hard one to answer because I was torn between the answer I gave, and The Price Is Right which was my mother's favorite show when she was alive and in her right mind and able to hear Bob Barker. Loved that guy, warts and all, and loved seeing winners jump around when they got the price right.
Donna Winters

Audra Marie April 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM  

If I chose a game show, I think I'd enjoy Family Feud. I think Amazing Race would be awesome as long as no heights are involved for me. :)

Kristi Peifer April 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM  

I'm with you on the heights, Audra!

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Mari:

Free2Be-design

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP